Just like you can’t spot train and get optimum results you can’t feed your body only select nutrients and be healthy. Nutrition and workouts go hand in hand. You need to implement one to reap the benefits of the other. Our bodies do not make minerals, we have to get them from our food. We also lose minerals during our workouts through sweat. Eating a balanced diet is the best way to know you are getting what your body needs.
Here is a handy chart that list which minerals are obtained from specific foods.
Minerals such as:
- Iron in our blood binds with oxygen which is needed for Endurance
- Calcium induces Muscle Contraction
- Phosphate in ATP and creatine phosphate play a role in Muscle Contraction
- Magnesium is needed for energy and muscle contraction
Good Nutrition Allows You To:
- Train longer and harder
- Delay fatigue
- Help your body recover faster
Food matters for health and fitness. Do you like to know the nutritional and fitness benefit of the foods you eat?