I just can’t seem to pass up buying lemons. Their bright yellow color calls out to me and next thing you know I have way too many lemons. Using lemons in cooking gives foods a great boost of flavor. I decided today, I would use some lemon juice to make Spicy Lemon Chicken.
Chicken breast are a good source of protein and low in fat. The protein supplies the body with needed amino acids to aid in growth and repair. Chicken breast are a good source of Vitamin B6 and Niacin, which are needed to convert food into energy our bodies can use. Chicken breast also contains Iron, needed to transport oxygen in our blood.
To cut both fat and calories, trim away visible fat and remove skin. Chicken with skin has up to 55% more fat than skin-less.
Protein 25 g
Phosphorus 248 mg
Potassium 437 mg
Vitamin A 35 IU
Vitamin D 6 IU
Spicy Lemon Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a small bowl mix panko, garlic and oregano together. Press both sides of chicken in panko mixture.
- Mix lemon juice, honey, Tabasco together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook until both sides are browned and cooked through, about 12 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add lemon sauce to the skillet; let it reduce until slightly thickened, about a minute. Place chicken to skillet; flip to coat them with sauce.
- Garnish with lemon.
The fresh lemon juice gives the chicken a burst of flavor while the Tabasco give a nice kick.